Saturday 17 January 2015

Black and White Photo Challenge

I got tagged for this on Facebook a little while back and meant to share on here. The idea is 5 black and white photos shared over 5 days - like many people I know, I did a mix of old and new photos.

1. The Pier

I took this on my phone during my lunchbreak when I was working in town 4 or 5 years ago. It's one of the few photos I've taken where I really knew what I was after and managed to capture it. I'm really pleased with the composition of this photo, so it was an obvious one to start with.


2. Cat

I wanted a photo of Cat for my second photo, but she's not a big fan of being photographed so I dug a photo of her that I think shows her nicely, cropped and edited a bit to get this image.


3. Christmas Tree

I've shared this one here before, but I originally took it for the challenge. Playing around with lighting and the editing software that came with my tablet and am fairly happy with the final result - although I should have been less lazy and moved more of the clutter from the background.


4. Tree

Less pleased with this one - again, taken specifically for the challenge (this time using my phone), I should have waited for my neighbour to use her car and (I think) taken the photo from a lower angle. Once I'd realised what I wanted to change, though, it was chucking it down outside and my neighbour's car was still there. A project for the future, maybe.


5. Dice

Well, it wouldn't be my challenge if I didn't manage to get dice in there somehow ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment