Sunday 25 October 2015

I suck at consistency...

By which I mean, sorry I've been so intermittant in updates of late. Real life has been busy and stressful and my energy is being drained enough I haven't been able to work on things here as much as I'd have liked. The way things are, it's likely I won't be back in the swing of things before New Year, but I'd be really grateful if you'd hang around and bear with my periodic silences in the meantime - I really appreciate that you take the time to read here. All of you. Thank you.

In other news, I have a half-formed ghost story in my mind, whose plot took another twist today and I think is rather good - if I can present it as well as it deserves. With Hallowe'en coming, I'm also motivated to finally write the essay I want to on how Hollywood zombies are actually vampires. I might get a draft done for the end of the month, or I might leave it so I can properly research it and give you the ghost story then. Hallowe'en/bonfire night - that time when the veil between worlds is thinnest - is one of my favourite times of the year, so I would like to mark it appropriately here.

I've been thinking a bit about what I'm going to use for easy posts once I've finished my Musical A-Z (two posts remaining, because X, Y and Z will be combined into one). Was talking with a friend recently about my great aunt and how much she's inspired me, and I think I'd like to talk about that, about my heroes. I hope it'll be of interest to other people!
My great aunt and my granny :)

Finally, the Blood Bowl World Cup is on its way, and I am taking Halflings. This takes a lot of the competitive pressure off - it'd be nice to win a game, but I have no expectations that I will and any victory (even if it's simply managing to score in a game) will feel huge. I'm really looking forward to it! A long weekend in Italy surrounded by geeks sounds ideal, especially as I'll be able to practice my French and hopefully pick up little bits of other languages.

1 comment: