Tuesday 26 August 2014

#RPGaDay Day Four - Most Recent Purchase

#RPGaDay

Day Four – Most Recent RPG Purchase

Technically dice. Lots of dice. I’ve been having a hankering for some ShadowRun so have just topped up my D6 collection with some pretty blue pearl dice from Ebay that arrived the same day as my #shinynewtablet, which made Friday a very exciting day for me! And before that I needed many D10’s for Aberrant and Tritex Games were lovely and helpful there.

But the last book I bought was Abney Park’s Airship Pirates.

I think it's pretty

Abney Park were a goth band who gave themselves a steampunk makeover. Husbit discovered them and I think they’re great so when I discovered there was a roleplay game based on their steampunk backstory, I got very excited and used Husbit’s birthday as a convenient excuse to buy it for myself.

I haven’t had a chance to play it yet because it turns out that I was the only one interested. I really like the story in it, though – the world feels like it has a lot of depth and I remain hopeful to find time and players to have a go at this.






With thanks again to Autocratik. His response to Day 4 is here.

I had a bit of troubling getting the book off the shelf to photograph it... We inherited a lot of Cthulu, D&D and misc shortly after I bought it and they've taken over my shelf!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment